Diamond Peak Ski Education Foundation Seeks Executive Director
Executive Director – Diamond Peak Ski Team, Incline Village, NV, Lake Tahoe
The Diamond Peak Ski Education Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide a year-round program to develop each athlete's skill, grit, and integrity, and to inspire and empower each of their athletes to achieve their personal goals in athletics and in life. Located on the shores of Lake Tahoe, this unique and special community is surrounded by mountains offering hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails, dozens of beaches, world-renown downhill and nordic skiing and snow sports of all kinds. In addition, there are many nationally recognized Lake Tahoe events including music festivals, concerts, food pairings and sporting events take place each season.
The Executive Director is responsible for all the management and day to day operations of the Ski Education Foundation/Ski Team. This twelve-month salaried position will report directly to the Board of Directors.
Summary of Duties:
- Work directly with the Board to set policy for the team.
- Interact with USSA and Far West to ensure DPST meets all rules and requirements of Club Programs. Lead our efforts in the Club Excellence Program.
- Manage the interface with Diamond Peak Ski Resort on all aspects of the program including facilities, hill space and reservations, safety, and any issues arising from the team’s use of the mountain.
- Preparation of team budget and staffing needs including detailed annual budgets for approval; manage teams during the year to achieve budgets.
- Attend and/or provide a monthly report to the Board of Directors on key activities, status of program, and additional resources required.
- Develop and direct the scheduling of races at the mountain to include at least one Tahoe League Race, at least one U-class race, and 1 FIS level race. Serve as lead executive for the races.
- Work closely with the Program Administrator for the organization and production of all racing events.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development on fundraising and events as needed.
- Through the lead coaches, manage all aspects of away competitions including communications, travel, coach coverage, and appropriateness of specific athlete participation.
- Inform and interface directly with the Board of Directors concerning staffing, training plans, and camps.
- Hire, support, and manage the coaching positions for mighty mites, U-10 through U19 alpine race programs, skier cross program, all mountain program, and any other child development programs (approximately 250+ children, 35-40 coaches including 8 lead coaches, 6 assistant lead coaches, and the balance of positions being staff coaches). Set and manage certification standards for the coaching staff.
- Communicate the team training philosophy and goals. Ensure consistency of all age group programs regarding age group appropriate goal setting, development plans, and athlete feedback. Ensure a consistent theme and skills progression throughout the age groups.
- Communicate the team behavior philosophy and ensure adherence to this philosophy. (team disciplinarian)
- Ensure the team has appropriate equipment (gates, radios, timing, etc.).
- Manage team resources including vehicles and trailers.
- Through the Lead Coaches, ensure athlete’s parents are informed on all aspects to include athlete development, equipment, and athlete support requirements.
- Participate in on-hill training with the lead coaches as appropriate.
- Coordinate with other ski racing programs in the Tahoe area as required.
- Possess appropriate USSA certifications.
- 3-5 years of experience running Alpine Racing or All Mountain Programs.
- Significant experience (10+years) racing as a competitor, coach, administrator or official.
- Proven leadership, management and administrative skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and motivated outlook.
- Knowledge of non-profit 501 (c)(3) and experience working with a Board of Directors preferred.
- Compensation for the Executive Director position as a salaried, full time position based in Incline Village, NV. Salary will be commensurate with experience ranging from $100k - $150k plus benefits, 4 weeks PTO and various additional benefits included.
Application must be submitted by May 31, 2022, and include current resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.